Spurs and Gunners set to duel for De La Red

The Sun reports that both the Gunners and Spurs are keen on signing Real Madrid midfielder, Ruben De la Red. However, the price is estimated to be around ₤15million to secure his services.

The 23 year old star was hugely impressive for Getafe last season on loan. So much so that he earned not only a place in Spain’s triumphant Euro 2008 squad, but also a return to Real Madrid, who exercised their buy-back option this summer.

It is uncertain whether the he will remain at the Bernabeu past pre-season, as Madrid is reportedly intent on using the deep-lying playmaker as a makeweight for certain transfer targets, much alike Robinho.

Blancos boss Berndt Schuster has stated he would like to give De la Red the opportunity to work his way i…

Norwich City 0 Chelsea 0: Conte´s second string fail to deliver

Chelsea s second string flattered to deceive at Carrow Road as the 2017 FA Cup finalists were held to a 0-0 draw by Norwich City in the third round.

Antonio Conte used Saturday s clash as a chance to give some of his squad players more game time, but it backfired as they struggled to create openings and will need a replay if they are to progress.

The likes of Kenedy, Michy Batshuayi and Willy Caballero were all given rare starts for the visitors, but they were easily marshalled by the Championship side.

A disappointing first half failed to produce a single shot on target, and, although Chelsea improved slightly after the break thanks to Willian, finding a goal proved too much.

It is a fourth unbeaten game in a row for Daniel Farke s Canaries, who impres…

Heynckes ready for ´thrilling´ encounter with Naglesmann´s Hoffenheim

Jupp Heynckes is relishing the challenge of going up against Julian Nagelsmann when Bayern Munich host Hoffenheim in the Bundesliga this weekend.

Nagelsmann is the youngest coach in Germany s top flight and has been touted as a future Bayern boss after impressing since taking over from Huub Stevens at Hoffenheim in February 2016.

The 30-year-old guided the Sinsheim side to safety in the 2016-17 campaign and led them to a top-four place last term, securing Champions League football.

This season they sit ninth after three wins in their last 13 league matches, but remaining four points off second means Nagelsmann s growing reputation has not been affected.

Heynckes, the oldest coach in the Bundesliga, continues to be impressed by this weekend s adversary and…

Lazio eyeing Marco Parolo

Sky Italia is reporting that Serie A giants Lazio are readying summer bid for Parma midfielder Marco Parolo.

The Biancocelesti are expected to spend heavily in an attempt to avoid another disappointing season, and it would appear as though the Italy international is one of their primary targets.

According to Sky Italia, Lazio plan to offer around €5 million for the player who has another three years left on his deal at Parma.

Having largely impressed at Cesena, Marco Parolo made a switch to Parma in the summer of 2012, initially joining on loan before signing a permanent deal.

The 29-year-old has continued with impressive performances at Ennio Tardini, scoring 11 goals in 72 Serie A appearances.

After enjoying the most successful season in his …

Alves wants Barcelona to sign Wilshere

is suggesting that Barcelona right-back Dani Alves has urged the club to sign Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere in the future.

Alves went up against Wilshere for Brazil when they took on England earlier in the month and many said that the Arsenal midfielder was the best player on the pitch at Wembley that evening.

When you consider the talent that was on the pitch in that encounter, it shows you just how good Wilshere was and a move to Barcelona could be on the cards.

Alves has often come out and said he would like the La Liga club to sign a certain type of player and it seems as though he is a big admirer of Wilshere.

He said: “He has a lot of quality and a great personality. If I was given the chance to choose, he is a player that I would sign for Barcelona…

Vitor Pereira rules himself out of running for Everton job

Everton s reported plans to hire Vitor Pereira as the successor to Marco Silva have been scuppered after the Shanghai SIPG coach confirmed his intention to remain in China.

The Toffees sacked Silva following their 5-2 Merseyside derby defeat to Liverpool at the start of the month.

Club favourite Duncan Ferguson took charge at the weekend as Everton beat Chelsea 3-1 and the Scot was well received by supporters, though he distanced himself from suggestions he should lead the team full-time.

Pereira, Marcelino, Unai Emery and David Moyes had been linked with succeeding Silva, with the former reportedly their first choice.

But Pereira appears to have ended Everton s chances of bringing him to England.

 | This is class.

The great Howard Kendal…

Lampard: Ancelotti capable of coaching anywhere

Frank Lampard backed Carlo Ancelotti to bounce back at the top level after Napoli sacked the experienced Italian on Tuesday.

Ancelotti was dismissed three hours after leading the club to a 4-0 victory over Genk, which confirmed their place in the Champions League knockout rounds.

Poor results in Serie A and rumours of discontent at Stadio San Paolo had placed pressure on the ex-Milan head coach for a number of weeks.

Links to the vacant posts at Everton and Arsenal have already emerged and Blues boss Lampard, who played under Ancelotti at Stamford Bridge, suggested the 60-year-old would have no trouble finding another high-profile position.

I have huge respect for him, I am very sorry for him, Lampard said after Chelsea s win over Lille.

I know …

Liverpool to turn attention to Mane

Liverpool are ready to make a move for Southampton forward Sadio Mane, .

Reds manager Jurgen Klopp is ready to make the Senegal international his top target after admitting defeat in his pursuit of Bayern Munich star Mario Gotze.

Manchester United have long been linked with a move for the twenty-four year old and failed with a bid last summer while Tottenham Hotspur have also been monitoring the situation.

Mane moved to St Mary’s in the summer of 2014 and has since racked up seventy-five appearances in all competitions, scoring twenty-five goals.

Three of those goals came in under three minutes in a win over Aston Villa last May the fastest hat-trick in Premier League history.

Prior to his move to the south coast of England, he spent two…

Barca eyeing Team USA star; Villarreal ponder loan bid for Odegaard

Barca eyeing Team USA star

Barcelona are keeping close tabs on Borussia M gladbach full-back Fabian Johnson, .

It is no secret the Catalans are in the market for a long-term successor to Daniel Alves, and the technical department plans to compile a list of four or five possible reinforcements before making their decision.

And while FC Porto s Danilo remains the number one name on the hit-list, recent reports suggest Barcelona are also looking at USA hotshot Fabian Johnson.

El Mundo Deportivo has learned that the Catalans scout Juan Carlos Rojo watched the player in action in midweek as Sevilla hosted Borussia M gladbach in Europa League.

Johnson, who can play on either side of defence and even in midfield, has been on Barcelona s radar for some t…

Carvalho, Gago near Real exit

Ricardo Carvalho and Fernando Gago are both believed to be close to leaving Real Madrid after missing the club s training session on Monday.

The duo are not part of coach Jose Mourinho s plans for the new La Liga season, and have been given permission to discuss their future with any interested clubs, according to AS.

Carvalho, 34, signed for Real in 2010 after previously working with Mourinho at Porto and Chelsea, but endured a frustrating 2011-12 season as he made just 13 competitive appearances.

As for Gago, the Argentine midfielder returned to the Spanish champions at the end of the season following a loan spell at Roma, with coach Zdenek Zeman deciding against signing the 26-year-old.

Kaka, Angel di Maria and Gonzalo Higuain were among the 22 player…